Thursday, May 14, 2009

Food Safety Working Group

President Obama's Food Safety Working Group had what I believe to be its first meeting yesterday. I am waiting for audio to be put online, as I missed the live stream, but I want to direct you all to their new website. You can subscribe to email updates, and it also directs to places you can make comments or suggestions for the group to consider. I am working on getting some requests together to submit, and any concerns you would like to see addressed are welcome too. Either submit on your own, or let me know and I will try and include them with mine - or both.

1 comment:

  1. I am very concerned about the practice of prepping untested game meats on the same equipment used to prepare domestic cuts. Many butchers offer this service. If we are concerned about BSE affected meat slipping through from limited testing, we should be far more concerned about the risk of CWD which has now affected deer and elk i 18 US states. Testing of this high risk group is voluntary.

    ReplyDelete