Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Variant CJD in Spain

In my efforts to keep you updated on prion disease news, I will post links to relevant articles I find online. If anyone comes across something online you think is of interest, please feel free to either post it in the comments section of the blog, or email it to me at ptennant@priondisease.org. The first is an article from cnn.com, regarding a recent death from vCJD in Spain. Thanks to Denise for sending that along to me.

The second is a press release put out by the Canadian Wildlife Federation regarding the status of Chronic Wasting Disease. The full report is available if you email Leigh Edgar at leighe@cwf-fcf.org. The report itself is 25 pages. I have a copy of it which I am in the process of reading through and will provide you with my thoughts shortly.

Finally, things are slowly but surely moving along here on my end. My step-mother and I had a very long talk last week about my ideas for this organization, and she was very helpful and insightful. I am now trying to get my thoughts together before I approach the CJD Foundation. It is a little bit of an intimidating step - presenting my ideas to people who work in the field and aren't related to me or my close friends. I have high hopes that they will be receptive and as positive as everyone else has been. More to come on this later!

No comments:

Post a Comment